“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wait For You - J. Lynn


Some things are worth waiting for...


Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago--an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe--please God--make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn't need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she's building for herself.


Some things are worth experiencing...


Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that's just so... so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.


Some things should never be kept quiet...


But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she's has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?


And some things are worth fighting for...

Good God, I was only ¼ of the way through this book and I already knew that I would be adding Cameron Hamilton to my book boyfriends list.  Now, there are a lot of swoon-worthy boys in all these books but not all of them make the boyfriend list…now that I am finished, I have to say he’s definitely staying!!! I absolutely adored him, and he was the type of boy that absolutely deserved to be adored!

"People got out of the way for Cam.  He was like a hot Moses, parting a sea of drunk college students." Yes, please!

Okay, so there is more to this book than just a hot, sweet, swoon-worthy guy...but I'm not going to lie...Cam alone is definitely worth reading the book for. " "What were you doing in the Den? Don't you normally have class, like right now?' His lips curved up at the corner and that damn dimple appeared.  When he smiled like that, it felt like a balloon had suddenly inflated in my chest.  'Yeah, I normally have class right now," he said, eyes a startling azure in the sun.  "But I wanted to see you." "

Sometimes this book frustrated me.  It's not that I couldn't figure out something bad had happened to Avery and to some extent what it was...but I wanted her to up and bitch-slap some people or do something.  I kept watching her run away from everything and it was driving me crazy! 

But in addition to some angst, and a hot Cam, we also got some new best friends to add to our best of the best friends list.  Our new gay bff Jacob who also (jokingly) wants a piece of Cam, and Brit, who was a friend to Avery when she really needed one...and wasn't afraid to be honest with her even though Brit knew Avery was keeping secrets.  

I am absolutely thrilled that this series got picked up, but I want to scream because I know that the next story is going to be that much further away... the mark of a good story - even though the characters in book two will be friends of Avery and Cam (well Cam's sister and his friend Jace), I still can't wait to read it (and yes I'm hoping for some cameos from Cam while I'm reading... I can't help it, I'm totally smitten!)

Lastly, can I just say...what a freakin' cover!!! Love, all around love for J. Lynn! 




No comments:

Post a Comment