“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

That Wedding - Jillian Dodd


The gorgeous engagement ring on my finger mimics my happiness. I feel so sparkly, glittery, and full of promise, because I absolutely know he's that boy. The boy I want to marry. My prince. My happily ever after. But then our pastor starts asking lots of questions. His parents say I haven’t dealt with my past. I have horrible wedding disaster dreams. I can’t find the perfect dress. I have to manipulate him to get my way. An old boyfriend asks me to run away with him. My best friend says I'm going to ruin everything. And forever starts to sound like a really long time. Which totally freaks me out and makes me question everything I know. Should best friends get married? Will my past affect our relationship? Are my horrible dreams a warning? Will I ever find a dress? Could his sexiness be clouding my judgment? Am I going to ruin everything? Or is it just a case of cold feet? And then I have to decide. Am I willing to give up on true love forever, or am I going to listen to my heart and marry him?

I am happy to say there was much less crying and much more laughing when reading this sequel to That Boy.  There were so many funny parts.  I loved the STD jokes, the text messages back and forth that Jadyn had with different people, and ‘the spider’ had me rolling because I would have been exactly the same way.

Of course this is a definite must read for anyone who read That Boy, but more than that for me it was a want to read, and a glad I did.   

I’m not going to say there weren’t times I was frustrated with Jay, because there definitely were.  But there were times I also wanted to fight for her and tell everyone to mind their own business and leave her and Phillip alone.  I honestly felt like I could identify with her.   

Prince Phillip is still ah-mazing! Seriously, one of my new favorites! I love how they complete each other (I know, cheesy, but they do).  They can find balance in each other but still have passion.   

So happy she decided to continue this series with That Wedding, and even more excited to know That Baby will be coming sometime in the future! J

No comments:

Post a Comment