“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Monday, November 12, 2012

Come Away With Me (With Me in Seattle Series Book 1) - Kristen Proby


Being confronted on the beach by a sexy stranger wasn't part of Natalie Conner's plans for a peaceful morning taking photos. And why on earth would he think she's taking pictures of him, anyway? Who is he? One thing’s for sure, he’s hot, and incredibly romantic, feeding Natalie’s wounded soul.

Luke Williams just wants the world to give him a break, so seeing yet another camera aimed at his face has him ready to pounce on the beauty behind the lens. When he finds out she has no idea who he is, he's intrigued and more than a little tempted by her. Natalie has a body made for sex, a sassy mouth and Luke can’t get enough of her, but he’s not ready to tell her who he really his.

Natalie is a no nonsense girl who doesn’t do well with lies and secrets. What will happen to this new relationship when she discovers what Luke’s hiding?

I loved this story in the beginning.  It hooked me in the first chapter and I didn’t want to put it down.  I knew right away what Luke was “hiding” but I don’t think the author was trying to keep it a secret from us by the context clues.   

Luke Williams gets bonus points (and an extra half star) for the grand romantic gestures.  That boy is totally swoon-worthy! Do you know those scenes in Sweet Home Alabama where Reese Witherspoon walks into her roses filled apartment and then later gets proposed to in Tiffany’s and every girl you know fell a little more in love with Patrick Dempsey…Luke Williams blows him out of the water! On top of that he’s sweet, sensitive, he cooks and he’s hot behind closed doors (or wherever)…he’s like everyone woman’s perfect man!  

I liked Natalie too.  I like that the story was told from her first person point of view and that we got into her inner dialogue "I've fallen in love with a beautiful, sexy, sweet, jealous control freak. Shit."  Because we got into her head, we could understand her reservations at first for falling for Luke and a little about what made her tick. 

So if I loved Luke (and believe me, I did) and I liked Natalie, why only 3 stars? I wish I could explain it better than just saying I felt like there was something missing…but I’m not sure what.  Maybe a little more supporting story between the two of them.  More interactions? I don’t know.  I read the book in one sitting, anxiously anticipating something… but I just didn’t know what and I felt like I never got there.  However, I will say Luke Williams definitely made the story worth the read and I will probably read the next book in the series to see what happens with Natalie’s roommate Jules and to see if we get any sneak peeks into Luke and Natalie’s life in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment