“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Five Ways to Fall (Ten Tiny Breaths #4) - K.A. Tucker

Purple-haired, sharp-tongued Reese MacKay knows all about making the wrong choice; she’s made plenty of them in her twenty-odd-years. So when her impulsive, short-lived marriage ends in heartbreak, she decides it’s time for a change. She moves to Miami with the intention of hitting reset on her irresponsible life, and she does quite well…aside from an epically humiliating one-night stand in Cancun with a hot blond bouncer named Ben. Thank God she can get on a plane and leave that mistake behind her.

Football scholarship and frat parties with hot chicks? Part of charmer Ben Morris’s plan. Blown knee that kills any hope of a professional football career? So not part of the plan. Luckily Ben has brains to go with his knockout looks and magnetism. After three long years of balancing law school with his job as a bouncer at Penny’s Palace, he’s ready to lead a more mature life—until his first day of work, when he finds himself in the office of that crazy, hot chick he met in Cancun. The one he hasn’t stopped thinking about.

If Ben truly were a smart guy, he’d stay clear of Reese. She’s the boss’s stepdaughter and it’s been made very clear that office romances are grounds for dismissal. Plus, rumor has it she’s trouble. The only problem is, he likes trouble, especially when it’s so good-looking


I have loved this book since the cover was released. It was by far my favorite of the four and I couldn't wait to read it when it was finally released for public consumption. 

Yes, I used the right word because that is exactly what I did...consume this book. I read it in one day and stayed up late to finish it. It was everything I had hoped it would be.

I love TTB when I read it. There is no escaping the fact that it was my favorite of the series. After TTB, I read OTL and FSTL and with each, I had a hard time feeling invested in the story in the beginning. That's not to say I didn't love both of those books in the end, but neither gripped me from the beginning like TTB. In all honesty though, I'm used to that being the way it is with sequels both in movies and books. 

Then came FWTF...and can I tell you, I always loved Hot Ben, so I have been waiting for him to get his turn since TTB. "He doesn’t hide who hide who he is; he doesn’t lie or promise anything. He doesn’t play stupid head games." - That's just Ben!

If there hadn't been a Trent, I totally would have rooted for Ben & Kacey because I thought she was the only woman would could have kept up with Ben, and kept him interested...until of course we meet Reese. 

"For everything else about her that was a lie, I’m glad to see that biting sense of humor is genuine. I like a woman that can make me laugh." Reese was complicated, and broken but this wasn't your average hot guy helps broken girl story. This was two people finding their own ways and finding their way to happiness.

This book was the perfect way to wrap up a series. In every book, we get to see Storm's wedding from another point of view...I almost wish we had just a little ending that was Storm's wedding from her POV, just to round it out. But in every story in this series, the wedding seems to be the turning point...this book was no different.

I loved everything about this, from getting to see Ben's family and where he came from..what made him the Hot Ben we'd grown to know and love. We get to see what makes Reese tick and even make a few more friends along the way.

In the middle two books, I would sometimes be frustrated by the timeline because it intersected the previous book/books - but in this story it was perfect. 

It really could rival TTB for my affection. K.A. Tucker did a phenomenal job and I truly can't wait to see what she does next.

No comments:

Post a Comment