“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

(Come and) Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles #6) - Jillian Dodd

Will Keatyn get her life back?
And if she does, which life will she choose?

This is the 6th and final book in the series.


<--- Sucker for the original covers!! :)

Before I started this last book, I went back and read my reviews for the previous books just to see where my head was at for each one.  Here’s what I found, I fell in love with Cush in the first book.  Head over heels and completely and totally – until she went to Eastbrooke. 

I had a little love for a certain Hottie God, but he drove me crazy so then I totally fell completely, worshiping in love with Dawson and I pretty much stayed that way until I heard he wasn’t even originally supposed to be in the books AND Jillian had written the end in the beginning – she already knew who Keatyn was going to wind up with…that was a bummer.   

After I let Dawson go, and realized that Damian was pretty much Riley’s equivalent in her early life, I was down to the same two choices that every other female loving these books was down to; A or B… Aiden or Brooklyn.  And reading back through, it was easy for me to pick a team because after I let Dawson go after Date Me (and the bad news) there was only one other guy I ever let have a little piece of my heart (I was starting to feel it was getting broken more than not).  But then I read Adore Me and it was over – while I still wanted to love Dawson, and I still do… I truly believed Aiden was the one for our Keats.  I just never felt a connection to B…but here was the problem with that – Keatyn did AND Jillian kept saying everything would come full circle. 

I was nervous starting this book.  Between wondering where/when Vincent would pop up, who was going to get hurt, who was going to survive – I was petrified.  And so it began… 

OBVIOUSLY, I can’t tell you who Moon Boy is…  

So here’s what I can tell you.  Jillian Dodd found a way throughout this whole series to make you want to read this guilty pleasure, Gossip Girls meets Mean Girls meets 90210 series.  I don’t even feel bad that I’m in my 30’s reading about a 17 year old and her friends.   

While this probably wasn’t my favorite installment of the series, it was definitely a must-read! I read it all in one night – I had to know who Moon Boy was and Jillian is a storyteller.   

My Loves:
The way the story is mostly told…I always devour a KC book
Tommy, Cooper, Riley – I loved them all in this book
Not so loves:
Not enough time with certain characters – it was the last book and I wanted more of some of them buuuttt I can’t tell you who L
The switching in the last few chapters – when you read it, you’ll know what I mean
The way it all wraps up – but not because of her choice.  Again, you’ll just have to read it. 

What I can say is Jillian absolutely told the truth, the book will come full circle.  You’ll just have to jump on the train for the ride through the Chaos.   

Good luck on your journey, may fate, luck and chaos – and lots of hot kisses, be with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment