“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Right Kind of Wrong (Finding Fate #3) - Chelsea Fine

Jenna Lacombe needs complete control, whether it’s in the streets . . . or between the sheets. So when she sets out on a solo road trip to visit her family in New Orleans, she’s beyond annoyed that the infuriatingly sexy Jack Oliver wants to hitch a ride with her. Ever since they shared a wild night together last year, he’s been trying to strip away her defenses one by one. He claims he’s just coming along to keep her safe-but what’s not safe for her is prolonged exposure to the tattooed hottie.

Jack can’t get Jenna out from under his skin. She makes him feel alive again after his old life nearly destroyed him-and losing her is not an option. Now Jack’s troubles are catching up to him, and he’s forced to return to his hometown in Louisiana. But when his secrets put them both in harm’s way, Jenna will have to figure out how far she’s willing to let love in . . . and how much she already has.


First we met Levi & Pixie, their story has a little bit of a YA feel to it, in my opinion but for a first go at a different type of writing, I could see there was a lot of potential for what was to come. 

In the second book of the Finding Fate series, we join Kayla and Daren on their adventure. I really enjoyed that book and felt Chelsea Fine had really found her way of telling an NA story. The one thing that I thought was really missing was one more current chapter or an epilogue. (This was my favorite book in the series) 

All three of the books in the Finding Fate series intersect at different points, so they are all really being told at the same time. 

On this third leg of the journey we are road-tripping with Pixie's roommate Jenna and her friend Jack. Jack is yummy! Sexy and confident... 

"...the sound of Jack's voice poured into my ears and dripped down my spine, melting me one syllable at a time." 

You definitely got that feel for him as the story was told. 

This book definitely upped the mark on language and sexy talk, so there is no mistaking it for YA...but (don't shoot me!) Jenna annoyed the hell out of me. 

I read the story because I loved Jack. There was enough drama with his family that I didn't think it needed to be as over the top in Jenna drama. She wanted to be so fiercely independent but indecisive that it made me want to scream at times. 

Jack was steady though, and even seeing the different sides of him - there wasn't a side I couldn't get behind. 

One of the things this story did have though, were GREAT love quotes from Jack and Jenna's family and Pixie's Aunt Ellen...

"Love isn't an obedient whim. It's an unruly force. And it answers to no one." - so true!

"Choosing to love a man, and letting that man love you back, is the most independent thing a girl can do for herself. No independent person is truly successful on their own." Go Aunt Ellen!

This story comes full circle with the others and ends in the same place...and again I'd say I needed a little bit more at that point. An extra chapter or an epilogue...I just needed a little more to pull me past the finish line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment