“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thoughtless & Effortless - S.C. Stephens

For almost two years now, Kiera’s boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she’s ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart. Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source—a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he’s purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes…and none of them will ever be the same.



Ahhh…Kellan! I am always torn as to how to talk about this book, I feel like I can’t do it justice.  First I will say, I believe these books are well written in that you really feel like you care about what happens to the characters.  That being said…I wanted to slap Kiera around through most of the first book (Thoughtless) and parts of the second book (Effortless). 

The silver lining to that is, Kellan will get you through.  You will want to dislike him at times, but you won’t be able to because he is that loveable! His friends are awesome and you will love them too. 
 
These books were frustrating and made me angry at times but I also laughed out loud and was so happy at other times.  This book gave me not only a Book Boyfriend but a best of the best best friend too (post ‘This One’s for the Girls).   

I recently found out that the author decided to write a third book for this series *YAY!* called Reckless! CANNOT WAIT!

3 comments:

  1. OMG...Kiera...ugh!!!
    I am done reading Thoughtless and just beginning Effortless. I'm glad that I'm finished the first book and I am satisfied with its ending. If it weren't for Kellan, I'm not sure that I would want to keep reading. :( They are well written though and, I agree, the supporting characters are awesome. It makes me wish they were real sometimes. Weird, right? Except Griffin. I would not need to know Griffin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Griffin definitely adds comic relief though! I don't think the books would have been the same without him. Shannon Stephens did do an excellent job, almost makes you wish you could go to Pete's bar and see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do wish we could hang out there. So glad to be done these books. I like how she ends them. They could definitely stand on their own.

    ReplyDelete