“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Eden Trilogy - Nicole Williams

College sophomore Bryn Dawson is a self-proclaimed poster child for normal. However, the day William Hayward enters her life, normalcy is the last thing Bryn will be able to count on if she wants to be with him. Too mysterious and appealing to be good for a girl, Bryn feels drawn to him in a way that seems out of her control—as if fate is orchestrating it.

Despite every red flag and warning siren going off in her head telling her not to, Bryn falls hard for William, knowing he’s categorically different from anyone she’s ever met. She never imagined how right she was. When William takes her deeper into the rabbit hole of his world, Bryn must decide just how much she is willing to sacrifice to be with him, knowing no matter what, fate always finds a way to have the last laugh.

Spinning a new twist on star-crossed lovers, Eternal Eden will put Bryn through a gauntlet of turmoil, challenging her to find the power within herself to become the heroine in her own story.


This series was a recommendation from someone in a Facebook group that I joined who had also read What the Heart Wants.  I was waiting for seven sequels to be completed and released and was happy that what she recommended was a complete set so I figured I would give it a shot.  (Little did I know then…)

As luck would have it the first book was being offered free on Amazon so I jumped at the chance.  For the first time ever I only downloaded the first book and to be honest I’m not entirely sure why, but as soon as I finished book one, I of course went to the “store” right away and bought the follow-ups. 

The beginning of the first book reminded me a bit of the beginning of Providence (Jamie McGuire).  Bryn Dawson, sad and alone - much like Nina was.  But after a few chapters, this book took on a life of it’s own, and I'm happy to say - it's one of my favorite paranormal series to date. 

There are multiple swoon-worthy men in this book and I’d have to say at least two if not three will make it to my book boyfriend list before it’s all said an done but the love square/star that we wind up with in this book has four different men competing for the attention of Miss Dawson…not that there is any real competition, there is always only one that’s meant to be. (Well only one that's meant to be for Bryn.  For me, it's a love them all kinda series).

Since these books also dip into the supernatural (not the vampire kind), you can imagine the journey to love is not an ordinary one.  There is some action and adventure.  There were times I did find Bryn annoying…but not as annoying as Bella (Twilight) or Kiera (Thoughtless).  The things about the relationship you wanted to shake her for not doing right, being honest, communication, etc. are things we can all see happening in every day life…these books just add some danger to the mix. 

I know comparing books is not always the right thing to do, but sometimes you just can't help yourself.  The thing I didn’t like about the Providence series was how it ended.  I loved the stories, I loved the characters and I loved Jared & Nina, but then it was this epic battle of good vs. evil and what I felt was a rush to an ending…Nicole Williams gave me what I was craving back then and what I have bbeen craving since then I guess.  We had the good vs. evil but she didn’t jump to end it there.  She played out the story and gave us an ending we could almost be complete with.  I honestly sighed in relief and wanted to be able to reach through my Kindle and hug the characters...and I wanted to find Nicole Williams and hug her too.  

Now I did say almost be complete with because, while I was truly elated with the book, I couldn’t help but feel there was a part of it that was still not 100% complete.  At first I just chalked it up to missing William, Bryn, Patrick and the whole rest of the crew…that happens to me at the end of a lot of books.  But then, I logged back into facebook to thank the girl who suggested this series to me and found out what was making me sad when she said, “Did you read Fissure and Fusion (still waiting for this one to come out)? It’s a two part series about Patrick by Nicole Williams” and it hit me…I wanted more Patrick!!! My other book boyfriend from this series was getting his own book and that was also sure to mean at least some cameos from his family members in the Eden trilogy right? (PLEASE! PLEASE!! PLEASE!!!)

I’ll keep you posted because I’ve already started reading Fissure and was laughing out loud in the first few pages… *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I love William. Can you just imagine...
    Okay I won't say what I'm thinking because I don't want to spoil it for someoene who hasn't read this. But I loved the romance in this series. I cried a few times. It really had me going. You find yourself rooting for this couple the whole time.
    Next up, Fissure and Fusion!!

    ReplyDelete