“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Seducing Cinderella - Gina L. Maxwell

Mixed martial arts fighter Reid Andrews’s chance to reclaim his title as light heavyweight champ is shattered when he’s injured only months before the rematch. To make sure he’s healed in time, his trainer sends him to recuperate under a professional’s care—Reid’s best friend’s little sister, all grown up.

Disorganized and bookish Lucie Miller needs some professional help of her own. She’d do anything to catch the eye of a doctor she’s crushed on for years, so when Reid offers seduction lessons in exchange for 24/7 conditioning for the biggest fight of his career, Lucie jumps at the chance.

Soon Reid finds himself in the fight of his life...winning Lucie's heart before she gives it to someone else.


It's actually shocking I haven't read this sooner since I have always had a Cinderella obsession! :)

This book was a quick read, and while pretty predictable, it was still quite enjoyable.  I of course loved Reid, bad boy with a good heart - my serious weakness with these books. 

I can't quite put my finger on what could have made this a four star book.  There was just something missing...but still, I wouldn't only give it three stars, so I'd have to give this book three and a half stars.  It has enjoyable characters, and they were descriptive enough that I have a very clear picture of what Reid looks like in my head.  Lucie, a bit self conscious was easy to picture and relate to as well. 

All in all it was a fun read.  I can't say I'd put it in the rotation of favorites (Fifty, BD, Effortless), but I'm glad I read it.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked this book. Yes, it was very predictable. I really loved that these characters weren't in there late teens/early 20's. It was nice to read about adults for a change. In my mind I saw Reid as David Bekham...so hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked this book...I'm not a huge David Bekham fan so I'm not sure that would have worked for me...but whatever works for you while you are reading ;)

      Delete
  2. What? Not a David Bekham fan? Have you seen him in boxer briefs? Ohemgee (lol) that man is hot. Oh well, to each their own, right?

    ReplyDelete