“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Friday, December 28, 2012

Kiss Me (The Keatyn Chronicles: Book Two - Stalk Me sequel) - Jillian Dodd



I’m at a boarding school, where I have to lie about who I am.
I can’t see my family.
I’m tutoring a hottie god that tortures me with his smile.
The most popular girl already hates me.
But there’s this boy.
This hot, sweet, sexy boy.
So I’m going to stop trying to script my life and just live it.
Because who knows how long I have left.




This series is often compared to the TV series Gossip Girl. And IF we're talking the first season of Gossip Girl when "S" is someone you want good things to happen for and "B" really is the Queen of the Mean girls and "Lonely Boy" had a decent haircut, I'd say - maybe. But if we're talking the whole series over all, absolutely not...these books are SO much better! And in my mind the boys are SO much hotter (well except maybe Chase Crawford...he's pretty hot regardless of how much his character sucked at times).

So when I read the first book, I was totally Team Cush (with a little affection for Aiden)!! And I really hate to be a flip flopper, I like to make my choice in the first book and stick with it (Phillip, Ramsey, Colt, hell...I'm still team Jacob!), but in this series I have changed teams. I am 100% team Dawson now.

Kiss Me starts right where Stalk Me left off and I picked it up and ran with it. I couldn't put it down. I actually think this book was better than the first one. What I like about Keatyn Monroe is, whether she is visiting her friend's summer house, going into the city, or at her school she is who she is. She's a teenage clothes and boys obsessed girl who loves what she loves. In book one I felt like she changed based on what guy she was dating and I didn't feel that was about her in book two. I also think she's trying to make smarter decisions about her love life. And maybe her life in general.  Lying to these people that she is developing all types of relationships is becoming harder for her.  It's like she wants to be a better person. 

Aiden...that boy... I wanted to love him and I think his hot and cold attitude has to do with Keatyn but sometimes it's just too much. Dawson is perfection! Seriously, I love him!

Jillian Dodd has done it again and I CAN'T WAIT for more. I will be ready for one click buying as soon as I see the update that Date Me has gone live on Amazon.











No comments:

Post a Comment