“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Monday, May 6, 2013

True Love Story - Willow Aster


True Love Story - Willow Aster
 
Sparrow Fisher is transforming. No longer dressed up in antiquated clothes and ideals, she is finally trying on her freedom.

Before she moves to New York City, she meets Ian Sterling, a musician Sparrow has dreamed about since she first saw him. The attraction is instant, but their relationship isn't so simple.

Over a five year span, Sparrow and Ian run into each other in unusual places. Each time, Sparrow has to decide if she can trust him, if he feels the same for her, and finally, if love is really enough

 

I’m not even sure where to start with this story.  I guess there is no better place to start then the beginning… 

“It has been a year, two months, and seventeen days since I last saw him. Two years, ten months, and five days since he broke my heart -- well, since I knew that he had broken my heart. Technically, he began breaking my heart the moment I met him, five years, eleven months, and one day ago.” 

Yup, that’s how it starts, and dammit if I didn’t fall for the jerk anyway! Trish, this too is all your fault!!! 

Willow Aster tells us on the first page of the story that he is going to break her heart, the FIRST FREAKIN’ PAGE…what is wrong with me? The whole story, I am on edge waiting to see what it is.  How bad could it really be? ---OMG, SO MUCH WORSE than I thought it was going to be.  IAN STERLING YOU BROKE.MY.HEART! I wanted to yell at him, hug him, and pick up all the pieces of both of them and put their love back together.  But how could you possibly move forward from there? Can anyone really? Oh God it hurt! You know that song, “Sometimes love just ain’t enough?” Playing on repeat it my head!   

My head and my heart were at war with each other over this book the entire time I was reading it.  I read it in one long sitting because I could not put it down.  First I had to know, what was going to break Sparrow’s heart?  And then once I found out, the heartbreak would not allow me to put my kindle down.  I had to see it through, I had to know if she could come out on the other side of this pain, one way or another.  And the letters, some of those letters just tore my apart…I think my heart still hurts from this one. 

This isn’t your traditional love triangle story.  There are some ugly parts that made my head hurt, my heart hurt and even times, my stomach hurt.  It was not pretty…but it was some story.   

My only complaint is, that I felt the ending was too quick.  We labored through so much of what happened for so long and then I felt like it ended too quickly for me.  It’s just me personally but I would like to have seen a little more out of the last couple chapters.  On the flip side of that, there is an ending – so compared to all the cliffhangers I have been reading lately, I’m happy to report you will get an ending with this book…what that ending is, you’ll just have to read to find out.   

Even though I feel tormented, I will definitely be adding anything Willow Aster to my TBR list!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment