“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Disastrous (Disastrous Series) - E.L. Montes


After struggling with the loss of yet another person so dear to her heart, Mia Sullivan channeled her frustration and loneliness into focusing on her future career. At the top of her class at Harvard Law, she was nervous and excited when given the opportunity to work as a summer extern at one of the top firms in Boston. Her new boss was the young, extraordinarily handsome, and successful Marcus DeLuca. As she falls for his charms, she discovers he is keeping something from her.

Marcus DeLuca was living two separate lives: one that involved his successful career and the other that could potentially ruin his entire reputation. His secret could jeopardize not only his life but everyone he loves. There was no room in his life for a serious romantic relationship, but after meeting Mia, he makes room. He cannot resist her. She is innocent, humble, and pure—the total opposite of him. She distracts him from all of his deep dark secrets. He knows once Mia finds out the things he has done and who he truly is, she will never want to look at him again. Deep down he knows he must stay away, but he can’t.

Mia and Marcus are heading down a path of love, lies, heartbreak, and betrayal. Can their love conquer all, or will the web of deceit be too much to overcome?
 

WOW! That’s the first thing I thought of when I finished.  For a debut book, I was blown away by E.L. Montes.  You would never know this was her first.  It was dramatic, steamy and I couldn’t put it down…I loved it!!!  

I immediately loved Mia, she was hard-working, smart, determined, insecure and abandoned in a way.  She was completely relatable.  I think anyone that has gone through that kind of loss can understand how she felt so broken and I could immediate sympathize with her.  My heart still breaks for all the loss she has experienced.   

Marcus was completely lovable! How can you not love a guy that says things like, "you’re everything, Mia Without you, there’s no reason for me.” He was successful, good looking, powerful and smart.  He’s a family man, which gets extra points in my book.  His secret life kills me! KILLS ME!!! I wanted so badly for him to be able to open up to Mia and not let his secrets get in the way of their love. 

Mia and Marcus together…the drama, the steaminess, the EVERYTHING - was soooo good, even when things between them were bad! I can tell you this for sure, E.L. Montes can write a kiss!!! The way she would describe it made my stomach do flips along with Mia’s! Even when they fought, they did it with so much passion you could tell they still loved each other.  My heart was a mess for them and I just so badly wanted them to be able to work through the issues and be happy together.  I truly believe to be happy they will have to be together, I just worry for what kind of danger is in store for them if they do get/stay together. 

The other thing I loved about this book was Marcus’ family.  They were so welcoming and loving toward Mia! Considering how quickly their love came to be, I was surprised his mother was so open to it.  She truly wanted her son to be happy.  I even started to like his brother Jimmie toward the end.  And his niece (Jimmie’s daughter), Elle, was perfect! Loved her!!! I really want Mia to be able to be a part of the family.  She had been through so much already, she shouldn’t have to lose this family too.   

I seriously cannot wait for book 2!!! I hope Mia & Marcus can find a way to be together and be safe.  This book was a series of twists and turns and I cannot imagine what E.L. Montes has in store for us next!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment