“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Friday, October 5, 2012

Reflected in You: A Crossfire Novel #2 (Bared to You Sequel) - Sylvia Day

Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity.
 
We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...



"He was my drug, and I had no desire to kick the habit." - Oh Gideon Cross, how I've missed you. I don't think I realized how much I missed you until I had you back again.  I think I'm already going through withdrawals and December 31st is too far away! 

While we are talking strictly about Gideon, I will say what I wanted from this sequel was a little bit more insight into the man he was.  Where he came from, why he is the way he is...and while is was spread out throughout the entire book a little bit at a time, I did feel more connected to Gideon in this book than I did in the first one.  That's not to say I wasn't frustrated with him at times.  I wanted him to be able to talk to Eva, just tell her what was going on in his head...but it's understandable why that is so difficult for him.  

Eva...poor Eva...she's still dealing with some major trust and insecurities issues.  She's also struggling with the fear of becoming just a trophy wife like her mother...not something she wants.    So the problem is...can they make it work? Can two people who are so fucked up in the head make a relationship work.  Especially when one of the two is closed off from talking about his feelings.  "The simple fact was, Gideon and I were the best and worst things that had ever happened to each other."

This story had a mix of drama (high and low points for all of the characters), it brought back some of Eva's past as well as Gideon's.  It showed us what someone is willing to do for love, even if that's not what the other person wants.  

I can't wait to see how this story all comes together...all I can hope for is a HEA for Eva & Gideon.  Entwined with You can't get here soon enough!



No comments:

Post a Comment