“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers) - Tara Sivec

Claire is a twenty-something, single mom that grudgingly helps her best friend sell sex toys while she attempts to make enough money to start her own business to give her foul-mouthed, but extremely loveable (when he's asleep) toddler a better life.  


When Carter, the one-night-stand from her past that changed her life forever, shows up in her hometown bar without any recollection of her besides her unique chocolate scent, Claire will make it a point that he remembers her this time.  


With Carter's undisguised shock at suddenly finding out he has a four-year-old son and Claire's panic that her stretch marks and slim to none bedroom experience will send the man of her dreams heading for the hills, the pair will do whatever they can to get their happily ever after.


Warning: contains explicit sex, profanity and enough sarcasm to choke a horse.
The warning on this book should have been Warning:  contains explicit sex, profanity, enough sarcasm to choke a horse and you might possibly pee yourself from laughing so hard!
Okay so I didn't actually pee myself but I did laugh so hard I had tears streaming down my face.  I absolutely, 100% L-O-V-E-D this book.  It is by far the funniest book I've probably ever read.  I could not stop myself from laughing out loud...starting from the first chapter.  I'm pretty sure I'd want to be friends with Tara Sivec since she created some pretty awesome characters.
It's a tie for me who my favorite character in this book was...I loved Claire and her sarcastic nature (I know, that's shocking!).  But Gavin was a four year old with enough personality for an army.  The stuff that came out of his mouth made me have to put my kindle down from laughing so hard.  ("Hey, Carter, I'm on team Jacob, bitch!")
I am truly hoping for a sequel because this cast of characters was very enjoyable and I would certainly love to read more about them. 
Five stars for Tara Sivec and a new fan in me!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't read the bio prior to starting the book. So, when I started reading it, I wasn't sure that I bought the right book. I kept reading as Claire is hilarious and found that it must be the right book. Finally, a female lead that is smart and funny...very funny. I realized a little ways into it that I could related to her mentality. I remember being pregnant and panicking about how something that big was going to get out of there. Thank God for the C-section!
    All of the characters are so funny. I felt like I knew or have known someone just like every one of them...except for Gavin. That kid was too much and so hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Tara Sivec is a genius!!! Futures and Frosting is just as funny and made me love Carter more!

      Delete