“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Night Owl (The Night Owl Trilogy #1) - M. Pierce

At twenty-eight, Matt Sky has the perfect life. He has a beautiful girlfriend, a massive inheritance, and four national bestsellers -- all penned under his airtight alias, M. Pierce.

At twenty-seven, Hannah Catalano is a train wreck. Her boyfriend is a deadbeat and her job is abysmal.

Matt and Hannah meet online as writing partners. Their relationship is safe, anonymous, and innocent...

Until Matt sees a picture of Hannah. Hannah's picture sparks an attraction Matt is powerless to ignore. When circumstance brings Matt and Hannah together, the strangers begin a love story that's passionate, poignant, unforgettable, and unstoppable.


From bestselling ebook author M. Pierce comes Night Owl, the first novel in a provocative erotic trilogy where an anonymous online writing partnership turns into an uncontrollable, passionate obsession.
 

After the first few chapters of this book, I wasn’t sure how I was feeling about it.  It seemed to be sex, sex and more sex…not that sex is a bad thing but I didn’t feel like I was getting to know Matt or Hannah.  When they start their relationship as Night Owl (Matt) and Little Bird (Hannah), they agree to be anonymous.  Matt’s rule, no personal information.  He was only looking for a writing partner.   

Something about their conversations sparked an interest in Matt.  One night he showed a little more interest than normal and things got electric quickly.  

That’s the part I didn’t understand in the beginning.  How could two people who didn’t really know anything  about each other have these intense feelings for each other.  And then I felt like it was all about the physical, and I’m not talking about a vanilla relationship here.   

Since this book is told in an alternating POV, we do learn a little about each person as an individual and what they are thinking but you know that the other doesn’t know.  We know who Matt is and that he’s got a girlfriend, Hannah doesn’t.   

But then something happened, a combination of these mixed up characters and their flaws with the writing style of M. Pierce and I  didn’t realize I was almost finished with the book.  I had been learning about them as individuals, where I thought Hannah was weak, she turned out to be stronger than I thought.  Where I thought Matt was strong and domineering, we watch him fall apart.  I realized I was invested, and I wanted to know more.   

Just when I finally felt like I had righted myself with the story and it was smooth sailing to a happily ever…..not so fast! I read the epilogue and went back into the tailspin I started in.   

Okay, M. Pierce… I’m in! Bring on book 2!!!

**ARC provided by Net Galley**

No comments:

Post a Comment