“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

In Dreams - J. Sterling


When Katherine Johns starts dreaming about a boy she doesn't know, her college roommate Taylor is determined to find him. Convinced he must exist, Taylor is relentless... until she finds out exactly WHO the mysterious stranger really is.

The realization sends the girls down a path of unimaginable heartbreak as they learn how to navigate their new reality.

This book is intended for YA readers 12 and up, but I love J. Sterling so I didn’t even read the above before reading this book.  I read Chance Encounters and liked it and decided to buy whatever others books she had on amazon (while anxiously awaiting her new release The Perfect Game).  (I only feel this is important to tell you in light of some of my other 3 – 5 star review books that contain a lot more of the physical aspects of a relationship, this one does not.) 

Katherine (Kat) Johns is a freshman in college who moves all the way across the country for school (really Jenn, she traded Cali for Jersey? – one eye brow raised in question!).  She is a good girl from a good home just wanted something different.  She is rooming with Taylor who is from around the area the college is in and they become immediate friends.

Kat has a dream about a mystery guy who she feels an instant connection to (in her dream of course) and when she wakes up the feeling of him is all around her.  Taylor is sure that this guy might actually exist and they set out to find him.

Instead of the dream guy the girls found Cooper Donovan (a dreamy guy!) who Kat also found an instant attraction to.  He’s sweet, caring, athletic, and totally into her.  I LOVED Cooper! “If you don’t date Cooper the terrorists win”

So what should she do, live the life that is going on right in front of her with a totally hot guy who is pretty much perfect? Or keep hoping to meet the dream guy?

In Dreams came at the perfect time for me.  I have been reading a lot of angst-ridden books lately that have been messing with my head and my heart and while this book has it’s drama to keep you entertained, it was light enough that I didn’t feel messed up when it was over, I just felt happy.  Now I just have to sit back and wait for the sequel, which is actually a prequel! J
 


No comments:

Post a Comment