“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ceaseless (Existence #3) - Abbi Glines


Can he make her fall in love with him… again?

When Pagan Moore proved worthy of Death’s devotion, he was given the gift of getting to keep her.

But Dank was never promised that Pagan would keep him.

When a soul is created, so is its mate. In every lifetime those souls find each other. They complete the other’s destiny. It’s time for Pagan’s soul to choose if she truly wants an eternity at Death’s side or if she wants the mate created just for her.

Dank didn’t think he had to worry about her choice. He knew where her heart belonged. Until he realized that every kiss, every touch, every moment of their time together would be washed from her memories. He would have to win her heart all over again and prove to her soul that he was where she belonged.

If only her soul’s mate wasn’t right there standing in his way.

First let me start by saying I really like all my three star books.  It’s the one and two star books I either didn’t like or had serious problems with.  With that being said, I did like this book and I loved this series…I was just hoping for something more.  Please don’t throw things at me, I swear I really do like Abbi Glines!

I loved Existence and Predestined.  I really enjoyed the different take on the paranormal and the fact that Dank was Death was something different and inspired! But there was just something about this book that was anticlimactic for me.  I think because I loved the first two, I was really anticipating this book being the best of the three. 

The premise was great! She can’t remember anything about Dank or who he is… The man whose soul was made to be with hers in back in her life…  He’s her freakin’ soul mate…this is good stuff.  But this is where it fell flat for me.  I wanted more.  I wanted the war for Pagan’s heart to be stronger in this book than it was in the previous two books but I just felt like it wasn’t.  To me it just felt like some of the magic from the first two books was missing in this one. 

That’s not to mean it isn’t worth the read, and certainly if you read the first two it is a must! But compared to the other two books, this one just wasn’t my favorite.  I did love the covers to all three books!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment