“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Date Me (The Keatyn Chronicles #3) - Jillian Dodd


I’m not scripting my life anymore.
I’m living it.
I’m done with the God of all Hotties.
I’m going to give my heart to the boy who I think deserves it.
The boy whose kisses are hotter than molten lava.
The boy who offered me the key to his heart.
The boy who asked me to Homecoming in a big, sexy way.

There are so many things to look forward to.
Parties at the Cave. Homecoming festivities. Drama Tryouts. Shopping trips to NY.
But things aren’t always as perfect as they seem.
I find out that my best friend has been keeping a secret from me.
Not that I can blame him.
I have secrets too.
But, for now, I’m going to pretend I’m just a normal girl.
I’m going to pretend he’s not still out there.
I’m going to pretend he’s not getting desperate.
I’m going to pretend I’ll never see him again.
But, I will.
And this time, I might not get away.

Oh Jillian, how I love and hate you all at the same time sometimes.  And myself… I am all torn up after reading this book.  Now I feel like I don’t know who to champion and who to love.  

While yes, this book picks up exactly where Kiss Me left off, and it is only a short window of time into their lives, SO MUCH happens that I can’t even wrap my head around all of it.  This is definitely one that is going to be a re-read before the next book comes out (too far away from now :().   

As much as I may not have liked all the turn of events in this book, I have to say – I’m not sure there is a better storyteller than Jillian Dodd.  For every single one of her books,I have always felt this addiction to them.  This need to read them so voraciously that I can't get anything else done.  My mind is too focused on her words.  This book, is no exception.   

Here is what I did love… KEATYN! I loved her in this book.  I know it hasn’t been a long time but I love how much she has changed since book one.  I know she misses home, and she misses her family, but being on the East Coast and out of her bubble has changed her.  She is really sticking to being the person she wants to be and not the person others expect her to be.   I loved that she opened up and finally decided to give her heart to Dawson, 
   "I wanted you to know that I more than heart you..."   "I love you, Dawson."

awwww!!!

I love her friendship with Riley and Dallas.  Riley in particular has really proven what a good friend he is and when all was said and done, was there for her when no one else could be because he was the one she trusted.  It ALMOST made me want them to get together, but not enough that I’d want her to risk/ruin her friendship with him. 

I hate to type this…but I even loved Aiden in this book.  I feel like we got to see another side of him, talking about sunsets and his family.  There were still some things he said/did at different points in the book that I didn’t agree with, but for the most part – I am learning to love Aiden so if he truly is who she winds up with in the end, I maybe won’t be as crushed. 

I still love Damian, and think he could possibly be the dark horse, but I guess we’ll see more after the next book.  When all is said and done though, Damian is always the guy Keatyn has trusted to have her back.  He reminds me a little of her relationship with Riley and Dallas, so that may be what takes him out of the running. 
  "Damian has been making me feel better since my dad died and lying on his chest makes me feel like no  matter how bad things seem, it will all be okay."

And there is my Dawson… </3 He has a stupid boy moment in this book that made me want to scream, but I think the good in him outweighs the bad in him and I’m not counting him out just yet… Seriously, how can you not love a guy that says things like, 
  "You own me.  You know that, right? Totally and completely own me."  or
  "I love you too, Keatie.  I know we did things a little bit backward, but it worked for us.  You made me believe in love again."  

GOD I love him!!! And I feel like it's okay to say no, he doesn't cheat on her...because I think that is important and spoiler-free enough.  

So I ended Stalk Me, Team Cush… I ended Kiss Me, Team Dawson… and I ended Date Me Team Confused! I still love Dawson, and I think he can fight and get her back and prove he’s the guy for her but I’m starting to come around on Aiden and I believe Damian could throw his hat in the ring too… Team Dawsaidmian? Maybe I should just be Team Keatyn and be done with it! Oh, who am I kidding, Jillian has written these boys so loveable that I couldn't not be on a Team.  

No comments:

Post a Comment