“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Crush (Crash #3) - Nicole Williams


A football fantasy. A giant diamond. The modern-day Romeo and Juliet are taking their relationship to the next level. . . .

Jude and Lucy are happily engaged, but that doesn't mean life's a bed of roses.

Once again, the hottest couple around is torn apart, this time by football training and a summer job. Now it's Jude with the trust issues.

Will Lucy's life-changing news bring them back together or end their relationship for good? Can love triumph forever?

Find out in the best installment yet in Nicole Williams's racy and romantic Crash trilogy!

Do you remember when Crash first went live how it was supposed to be a stand-alone novel? We fell in love with Jude and Lucy and begged and pleaded for more, and we got Clash.  Then that was supposed to be the end.  And then we begged and pleaded for more, called ourselves greedy and said we needed more Jude Ryder (oh, wait… that was me!). 

Well, Nicole took Jude and Lucy’s advice for her last books in this series, “Better make it a good one then.”  And she did! Now, I know I have never made it a secret that I am a huge Nicole Williams fan, so could I potentially be a little bias in my review… yup! But aren’t we all when it comes to our favorites?

What I can say for sure is, even though 3 years have passed since Clash ended and more since we met them in Crash, you are still getting the same Jude and Lucy you have come to know, and love.  “Territorial Jude had a way of bringing out Temperamental Lucy.” 

Does that mean there are still going to be plenty of times where you want to reach into the book and grab Lucy by her shirt collar and shake her around, abso-freakin-lutely! What is it this time you ask? Well, three years later, Jude and Lucy are still engaged… yup, still engaged.  Now I know what you are thinking…they were young when they got engaged, so that’s okay… NO! It’s not okay, when Jude Ryder is begging…yes I said begging, you to marry him the answer should always be YES! Not soon, not in a little while, not when I’m more independent or whatever was going on in the crazy town of her head…the answer should be YES, Vegas here we come!

So, while you think the distance between her still being in school (in New York) and Jude being drafted after his Junior year at Syracuse (to the San Diego Chargers) would be the problem (because they both have jealousy and trust issues), the problem is really Lucy (shocking, I know!).  She was too worried the money would change him, or so she says. She wanted to make her own way and be able to take care of herself and not focus on the multi-million dollar contract Jude just signed. 

But enough about Lucy for now, let’s talk about Jude…the many wonderful, amazing sides of Jude Ryder.  We definitely still got to see the protective, possessive side of him (call it whatever you want, I call it hot!).  The temper he has, especially when it comes to protecting Lucy (or fighting with her when she’s being crazy).  And the sweet romantic side of Jude, “I can’t leave you like this,” he said, swiping a tear with his thumb.  “I’ve walked away from you too many times when I shouldn’t have.  When you needed me.  I won’t do it again.” Was Jude perfect? No, he made mistakes, but that’s part of their relationship, and they just love each other anyway and hold on for the ride. 

Nicole also takes this sexy a step higher in this third book, which I was more than pleased to read! Sexy Jude Ryder – yes, please…thank you very much! “We are putting French vanilla in its goddammed place, baby.”

I loved that we got to see more of Holly and little Jude and was happy with how her storyline worked out.  I was also glad for new friend Sybill – the voice of reason in the world of insanity. 

While this story didn’t take the path I thought it might, the story was still well told and kept my attention and interest through the end.  I have to say, I think it was the perfect ending to a beautiful story.  Not everything in life goes the way we expect it to, or as planned.  There are always bumps along the way.  It’s how you deal with it that matters.  This trilogy is all about how you deal with the things that happen in life, and realizing no one is perfect, but someone can be perfect for you.    

No comments:

Post a Comment