“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Twisted Perfection (A Spin off of the Too Far Series) - Abbi Glines


Life outside of her house was a new experience for Della Sloane. The dark secrets of her past weren’t something she ever intended to share with anyone. They would never understand. No one would ever get close enough to find out. There was always a chance she’d go crazy sooner than they expected…

Woods Kerrington had never been one to be attracted to fragile females. They seemed like too much work. He wasn’t in it for the work just the pleasure. A night full of naughty fun had been exactly what was on his mind when he’d laid eyes on the hot little number that didn’t know how to pump gas and needed some help.

What he didn’t know was she was as fragile as they came.
The carefree girl who spoke her mind and didn’t care what the world thought of her was more breakable than he could ever imagine…
 

Okay, I know I’m in the minority here…and I get it because, DAMN do I love Woods Kerrington BUT I have been having some struggles with this book in connecting the Woods I fell in love with (and was slightly hoping Blaire would fall in love with at times) and the Woods in this book.  Even the description of the book is confusing because “he had never been one to be attracted to fragile females” – but he was attracted to Blaire… and he was there for her and protected her and I believe wanted to be with her…ugh! One of the reasons I loved Woods in the Too Far books was because of the way he was with Blaire, I believed he was falling for her, so I had a hard time wrapping my head around this book.   

In all honesty, that confusion probably held me back from falling head over heels for this book.  If this was a stand-alone book and I had no prior knowledge or feelings for Woods, it probably would have been a 5 star book for me.  But he wasn’t the same guy in the beginning that I had come to love, and to be honest, I found myself loving Jace, Grant and even Tripp more in the beginning – but that was because I was weighing my Woods against this new Woods.   

So, going on this new Woods alone…he reminded me a bit of Rush...he’s a player, never looking for commitment, never wanting more from girls than just a good time, not wanting to settle down.  He meets Della and has an instant attraction to her physically and to the fact that she’s just passing through town.  “She wanted the bad boy and I was real ready to unleash him.” 

Della reminded me a little bit of Blaire, a girl who doesn’t come from a lot, just lost her mom and is feeling a little lost and trying to find herself.  I think if they ever wind up in the same town long enough, they will be friends.   

As I got a little further into the book and found my way to loving this new Woods who was torn between following his career goals and the path that his father was setting out for him and his feelings for Della, I started to feel a connection to him again.  And then I started to love them as a couple, and then the Woods I knew and loved made an appearance, “You’re going to kill me but it’s going to be the sweetest death any man has ever known.”  

And I even got super excited when we had a brief cameo from a very pregnant (and away with family through most of this book) Blaire, “Jimmy shouldn’t have told me that but since he did, can I say, Woods is a great guy”…”you picked a good one.” – THIS IS THE WOODS I LOVE! 

We also get a little glimpse into Grant (who can sing by the way – but apparently not as good as Rush!) and some time with Jace (who I really liked in this book) and Bethy.   

And in the end, I can say I still love Woods…he’s not the same Woods I fell in love with, but I love this new Woods all the same! I can’t wait to see what happens in this town between the third Too Far book and the next Twisted book. 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment