“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Real - Katy Evans


A fallen boxer.

A woman with a broken dream.

A competition…

IS HE FOR REAL?

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the cover...

Remington Tate… WOW! Three little letters, one big word… he definitely caught and kept my attention! He was like a tootsie roll pop, how many licks would it take to get from the hard, tasty exterior to the good inside? The world may never know, but we all would want to try… wait was that just me?  

There were some turns in this story I didn’t expect.  What I thought was happening, wasn’t really and what was happening…I wouldn’t have even guessed at.  That’s the sign of a good story to me, one that keeps you guessing.  I also loved that he wanted her to know him and have it not just be about the physical…even if he wasn’t sure how to let her in -"I want you to know me first, and then, I want you to let me know if you still want me to take you."  

I was annoyed with Brooke at times.  She was all about him physically (and I definitely understood why) but I still frustrated by her insecurities when it came to him.  And without giving anything away, I was very frustrated with her in New York.  But then she says things like - "I love him. He's not just a star, he's the whole fucking sky to me. He's the sun and every planet in this galaxy" and I can’t be too mad at her because she does love him, even when she’s an idiot! 

I think there are supposed to be more books in this series, so I’m hoping that the second book gives us even more inside the heart of Remy, I am definitely ready for more…I don’t know how I didn’t know about Katy Evans before but thank you to Angie’s Dreamy Reads for sharing her love of this book! If you are looking for a smexy read, this one may be for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment