“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Bared to You - Sylvia Day

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness... He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private worlds...and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...


This book was another April suggestion...I told you my own person Oprah! I will say it reminded me a lot of Fifty Shades.  The characters while placed in different cities did have some similarities and of course had enough differences to make them two different books. 

Once I looked passed the similarities it was easy to enjoy this story.  I haven't given this one a re-read yet as I'm waiting for the release date of the next book, which I believe will be sometime in October.  It's already available for pre-order on Amazon.

I do feel this series needs some more character development which I'm hoping to see in book 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment