“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Mighty Storm - Samantha Towle

It's been twelve years since Tru Bennett last saw Jake Wethers, her former best friend and boy she once loved.

Jake Wethers, sexy, tattooed and deliciously bad lead singer, and brains behind The Mighty Storm, one of biggest bands in the world, left Tru with a broken heart when he moved from England to America with his family when they were both fourteen.

Sent to interview Jake for her music column by the magazine she works for, they are both unprepared for the sparks that fly the instant they reconnect. Only, there’s a complication to their instant feelings for one another – Will, Tru’s boyfriend of two years.

Then Jake makes Tru a job offer she can't refuse - travelling the world with him and his band. But taking the job means leaving Will behind, and being on the road with the band means spending an inordinate amount of time with Jake.

Is Tru strong enough to resist the delectable bad boy who once held her heart so completely, or will she willingly risk it all for one night with the worlds most notorious womanizer?


"Jake - a sweet dream? Or a beautiful nightmare?"

SWEET DREAM!!! I loved this book!

I really liked Tru. I liked how we got to know her - who she was and who she is now. I could completely understand how she felt falling for her boy next door best friend and not having the courage to tell him that she liked/loved him, and then the heartbreak of that boy moving away and losing touch for more than a decade. And of course by the time she sees said boy again, she has finally moved on and is happy (good job, great boss, loving boyfriend) and he...he is a super rich, super successful, super sexy rock star and it's Tru's job to interview him! Poor Tru!

"So how did you know I'd take the job?" "Because women never say no to me." - Jake on the outside is a typical rock god. He is known for bedding many girls, drinking, drug use and all the stereo-typical rock star glories. So you fall for Jake, because who doesn't. He's flirty and fun and he and Tru have sexual tension in their witty banter that made me smile a lot.

Then you get to know the Jake on the inside. Broken from his past and present. Insecure and possessive and someone who still remembers his childhood best friend Tru. And you fall more in love with Jake, "I knew one day I would eventually see you again, and I knew when that day came I wasn't letting you go for anything. And these were the things I wanted to do with you when I had you back. No one else, just you." So he's a super sexy bad boy rock star with a good boy heart on the inside...HOLY HELL he's Kellan Kyle!!! I got a Kellan Kyle fix I wasn't expecting and it was good!

I also loved Jake's PA Stuart, he's funny and fun and is one of the few people that can say to Jake's face what others might not. He's the gay best friend every girl wants!

The story takes you on tour with the band while Tru writes about them. The drama of Tru having a boyfriend, and a long time love for Jake. Her insecurities in herself and him and his rock star lifestyle. All the drama makes you not want to put the book down! You won't help but falling for this story.

This was my first Samantha Towle book and I can say for certain it will not be my last. I am already eagerly anticipating The Mighty Storm 2!



No comments:

Post a Comment