“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Monday, August 20, 2012

The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead Series - Book 1) - Alice Clayton


When Grace Sheridan returns to Los Angeles to become a working actor, it's a second shot at a life-long dream. With some help from her best friend and agent, that dream could become a reality, but at thirty-three, has Grace missed her chance at the big time? Will an unexpected sizzling romance with the entertainment industry's newest 'it' boy shine an uncomfortable spotlight on her life?

I have no idea how I didn’t know this book existed before this weekend, but I am so glad I know it does now. This book was a mix of funny, sexy and serious.  It’s about finding love in an unexpected place and the best part is she’s a butterflying redhead!! J HAPPY TARA!!!

Okay, so you look at it and say she’s 33 and he’s only 24 and that’s a huge difference.  I mean I’m 33, so I looked at it easily as when she was 18 he was 9, she was 21 he was 12…wow! 9 years is a long time.  And of course you see all her insecurities about it in the book but it doesn’t matter…you want to stand on a chair and scream at her…stop being an idiot and love the mother freakin’ movie star!

Let me put it this way, I read both books in a day.  Could not put them down.  Love Grace, her insecurities are a bit annoying at times but then, who doesn’t have them?  She’s been through a lot and she’s giving herself a second chance at her dreams – you have to admire that.  She’s a world of crazy, which makes her being a redhead that much better.  I love working through her inner dialogue too, because we all know we all do it.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jack! He’s pretty much awesome.  He’s new to the Hollywood lifestyle so he’s not an egomaniac but he’s confident and cool.  He’s also sweet and loving and probably the more mature in the relationship since he doesn’t have as much baggage or as many insecurities.  Love them together! I don’t care about the age difference.

I couldn’t wait to start the second book to see how things would work out…I laughed, I cried and I started book two right away.


No comments:

Post a Comment