“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Never Too Far (Fallen Too Far) - Abbi Glines


The story that started with the New York Times Bestseller FALLEN TOO FAR continues...

Rush withheld a secret that had destroyed her world.

Her entire life had all been a lie.

Blaire couldn’t stop loving him but she knew she could never forgive him.

Now, she was back home and learning to live again. Moving on with life… until something happened to send her world spinning once again.

What do you do when the one person you can never trust again is the one that you need to trust so desperately?

You lie, hide, avoid, and pray that your sins never find you out.
 

Okay, let me start by saying I fell in love with Fallen Too Far.  Truly, I loved the book and even though I preferred Woods personally, I understood her attraction to Rush and I definitely fell for him too.  I felt like that book had everything except the HEA wrapped up in a nice bow, which is why I was dying for this book to come out.   

I stalked Amazon like a creepy person all day long waiting for this book and silently cursed Amazon for their “server problems.” Didn’t they know I needed to know!  All the teasers were leading me to believe she was pregnant and when she dropped the first chapter in our laps, I was seriously like a drug addict needing more… and then we got it… and now, I’m disappointed.  (Queue things being thrown at me).  I am so torn as to how to rate this book! 

So let’s start with the things I did love… I loved Bethy! She’s great and I love that she’s moving forward and she’s taken her lessons from Blaire and is sticking to them.  I’m not sure how things will work out for her and Jace in the long run (based on something Rush said) but I liked that she was holding her own in that relationship.  I loved the friend she was to Blaire… Bethy is just awesome!  

I also L-O-V-E-D Woods in this book.  I adore him honestly.  He truly looks out for Blaire and there is still a piece of me that wishes he had gotten the girl because I think he deserved her.  “If you aren’t going after her I am.  She needs someone right now.  As much as I don’t want it to be you because I don’t think you deserve her it needs to be you.” Plus side, he’s getting his own book and I can’t wait to read that!  

I also loved their steamy scenes… Abbi Glines definitely turned it up a notch in this book.  I’m thinking she should write a book for characters over the age of 25 because she had definitely got a way for making things H O T!  

I still love Rush, not as much as I loved Woods but I loved him too.  I loved that she didn’t try to make him perfect in this book and she let him mess up on some little things that he wouldn’t normally have known because he wasn’t a dating kind of guy.  His mess up toward the end though drove me crazy…CRAZY! I was (and might still be) so PISSED at him! 

Here’s some things I didn’t love.  There was clearly a formatting problem because the words kept running together andit was drivingme crazy (annoying right?).  I’m not sure if that’s Amazon or what but it was distracting while I was trying to read.   

I honestly didn’t love Blaire in this book.  I know, I know but I didn’t.  Gone was the girl who taught Bethy to stand up for herself and hello to this girl who was driven by insecurities and hormones.  I know, she’s been through a lot but she finally had enough in her to tell Cain what she hadn’t for so many years, so why is she not doing that with anyone else? And after Rush’s mess up toward the end, how could you sit back and say nothing…for God’s Sake you are pregnant with his child!!! DAMMIT WOMAN! And as for the hormones, I wanted more from their relationship and I felt like a lot of what I got was that they couldn’t live without each other because of the sex.  I know that’s not what was implied but that’s all there seemed to be.  I know it seems contradictory because I loved the steamy scenes, but that is because I thought they were well written, I just wanted more than just that! 

I loved Grant in the first book and in this book I was confused by him.  Was he Team Blaire or Team Nan? Still not sure to be honest.  He definitely didn’t seem to be Team Rush! I feel like there is more to that story that we either just didn’t get, or maybe that’s another book after Woods’ book that we don’t know about yet… I don’t know it just left me confused, but not in a good way.   

The story felt rushed (haha, rushed) to me.  When I was almost halfway through the book and they still hadn’t talked, I knew it was going to end badly for me personally (not the characters).  I feel like this book was unfinished.  I felt like things came together quickly at the end (and by a surprise character no less), and then there were still so many things left unresolved.  It was like we were three quarters of the way through the story and then it just stopped… What? I don’t want to wait for an epilogue or extra chapter or now from what I’ve seen a third book, I want this book to be finished.  UGH!!  

Will I keep reading, of course because I truly like the characters and have come to want some closure with this storyline… but I’m left feeling like Blaire from one of her dreams, worked up with nothing to make it better!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment