“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Girl in Love (Kylie Ryans #3) - Caisey Quinn

She's living her dream...

Kylie Ryans is the biggest thing to come out of Nashville since, well, since Trace Corbin. With a hit album and a powerful label behind her, she appears to be the girl who has it all.

But appearances can be deceiving.

Fresh out of rehab, Trace Corbin is ready to take on the world. Just not the girl he walked away from. Because if there's one thing he knows for certain, it's that the people you love are the ones who have the power to destroy you.

As their worlds collide, they'll have to make the ultimate choice. Follow their dreams, or give it all up for love.

They say love conquers all, but for Kylie and Trace, it just might wreck everything they've worked for.


"I gave my heart away and he didn't want it. Now I can't find it anywhere." 

Okay...where to start with this book... 

First, can I just say I love Trace Corbin. I wish he was real. Honestly, I want to fangirl all over him. Moving on...

I really enjoyed the first two books in this series. Caisey Quinn writes in a way that makes you feel like you are right there watching everything that's going on. She brings you into the world of her characters and when the story is over, you're left feeling like you're missing out on something because their world is somehow continuing on without you. 

That being said...this story was mostly a frustrating one to me. So much of it was spent on the back and forth; push and pull of Kylie and Trace, that I wished it was real so I could shake the shit out of everyone. 

I felt like while I understood why Kylie had changed, I couldn't always sympathize with her because she was driving me freakin' crazy. I wanted to "junk punch" her and I honestly wished sometimes her friends would tie her down and make her listen because she was just being stupid and immature most of through most of it. 

But it was a train wreck I couldn't look away from...and believe me, I tried. I closed my Kindle on numerous occasions while reading it - I tried to look away from them. In the end, it was Trace that kept me coming back for me. "I was going to tell you that you looked beautiful, but you took my breath away." - WHO WOULD NOT LOVE THIS GUY?

I felt like, even though he still wasn't perfect, he grew a lot over the series. 

In the end, I also felt a little disappointed in the predictability of the story line. You can see what's coming a mile away through the whole book, and while that's not always a bad thing, there wasn't enough Tylie to distract me from they annoyance of it.

Believe me when I tell you, I AM IN THE MINORITY. Most people loved this book. I love Caisey's writing, I truly believe she is a captivating storyteller. I just didn't love the direction this particular story went. To each his own, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment