“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” ― William Styron, Conversations with William Styron

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Up to Me (The Bad Boys #2 - Sequel to Down to You) - M. Leighton



Happily ever after doesn’t come easy. But for love, it’s always worth the fight.

Olivia finds bliss unlike any she’s ever known in Cash’s arms. He sets her skin on fire and melts her heart right inside her chest. Unfortunately, their happily ever after is short-lived when a shadow from Cash’s past threatens to turn their world upside down.

Dangerous people from his father’s world have discovered that Cash holds information that could put them away for a very long time. And they’re willing to do anything—and hurt anybody—to get it back. Giving it up means Cash must choose between the life of his father and the life of Olivia.
Having nearly overcome her wariness of bad boys, Olivia’s trust is shaken when this new threat arises. Now she finds that Cash is not only a danger to her heart, but his family has associations that are a danger to her life as well. She soon discovers that there are some situations in life where trust is a girl’s only option. And this is one of them. If she’s to live, she must trust Cash with her life. But to Olivia, that’s much, much easier than letting go and trusting him with her heart.

"Every day, every hour, every minute I spend in his presence, Cash is getting further and further, deeper and deeper under my skin." Oh Olivia I know the feeling!

I started reading M. Leighton books with the Blood Like Poison trilogy, and I really enjoyed them...but this, the bad boys series, this is a whole different M. Leighton and I want to squeeze her so hard for bringing Cash into our lives.  I love her and hate her right now.  I love that she created this lovable bad boy and I hate that we are going to have to wait for more, because while I didn't think there was as bad of a cliff hanger at the end of this one, there is still a lot left unresolved and I have no idea how long I will have to wait for book 3.  But wait I will because I cannot get enough of Cash.  "I can't bear the thought of a world without him in it, even if he's not mine."

I love that we get both POV's from Olivia and Cash.  It's the ability to see into both of their heads that makes this story work. I also love that we get to see the thought process behind Cash's possessive, dominating side.  It's like everything he does is sexy and he's not even always trying.  And the sex scenes written for this book are HOT! But then there is this side of him, the side that makes him different from the other bad boys, "I'm asking you to trust me, Olivia. He turns to face me. "Trust in what you know about me.  Because I know, if you stop listening to your fear, you know who I am.  Deep down.  You know me, Olivia.  You know me." How could you not fall for this guy? Honestly!

This book did a better job of deceiving me.  There is one line where Cash says "What the fu-" and I was saying it out loud as well.  There were a few twists I just didn't see coming and that was exciting.  I mean when is the mob (Russian, Italian, Irish - doesn't matter) not exciting?

We were introduced to a few new people including Cash's friend Gavin who was dangerous and sexy.  I love a little accent! We also got a few moments with Olivia's mom who, well...she's just a mean girl all grown up.  Definitely icy.  We were also introduced to a new side of Marissa...one I'm not quite buying just yet...but we'll see in book 3.

I really enjoyed this sequel, maybe even better than the first book.  I can't wait to see what is in store for us in book 3.

"Cash's cover might be that of a bad boy, but the book, the inside is so much more." - AMEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment